Thursday, June 3, 2010

Discover a muse contest


So what was that I was saying about a subtler way of doing things? ummm.... Here is an upside down angel with a bright color palette.... old habits die hard I guess

I actually painted a few subdued illustrations prior to doing this one. This one just screamed for some color, as much as I tried to push it otherwise. At the end of the day you have to do what the painting tells you to do and go for the best possible piece. Even if it is inconsistent with your current goals.

This one is 22" by 27.5" oil on board. It was done for the Discover a muse contest over on Jon Schindehette's ArtOrder blog.

I forgot to mention it in my last post but that painting is 32" by 18" and was a private commission

2 comments:

  1. WOW, absolutely beautiful Michael! Thanks for starting the blog and keeping us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did I mention I love this one :)?? Can't keep my eyes off it Mike. Great job.

    ReplyDelete